Please take your time to read through this information prior to your arrival.
We are working to ensure that we, where at all reasonably possible, are as coronavirus aware and secure as we can be whilst maintaining a sensible and manageable operating environment. We have put in a series of measures which we expect guests to adhere to which will keep us all as protected as possible at the same time as allowing us to open our properties so you can enjoy a holiday.
We would ask you not to travel and to cancel your booking if you have been in contact with anyone with COVID 19 symptoms, been contacted by track and trace or are displaying any symptoms currently.
It is very important that you DO NOT arrive at the property you have booked before the 5pm arrival time. This applies to you not even leaving your car there. We will have staff cleaning and then checking properties up until that time and to ensure their safety and social distancing we do not want anyone to be at the property before they are allowed
Self-catering accommodation is, by its nature, more easily adapted to social distancing. The cottage will be prepared for your arrival as detailed below:
• A full changeover clean and complete set of clean bed linen and towels will be provided. This is as per our usual high cleaning standards.
• Following the standard clean a final clean will be undertaken which will focus solely on high touch areas ie: door handles, appliance handles, light and lamp switches, remote controls, information files, keys and key safe. This will be done with an anti- viral disinfectant which is tested to the following standards – BS EN 14476, BS EN 1276, BS EN 13697 – and kills pathogenic viruses in under 5 minutes including coronavirus. These procedures are to ensure you are arriving to a safe environment but we also need to ensure that our cleaners are safe and therefore we are expecting that you follow the checklist below upon departure. A copy of this will be in the property. Departure checklist:
• We need to insist that you leave the property by 9am at the latest on the day of departure. Our cleaning staff will be arriving just after and it is imperative that you have left so we can best ensure their safety. This includes removing your car. If you wish to stay in the area past 9am you will need to use a public car park.
• Empty all bins – including bathroom bins – and ensure all rubbish is in a bin bag and put into the main outside bin.
• Spray all bathrooms with the antiviral disinfectant provided. The basin, toilet and bath/shower need to be sprayed.
• Spray the work surfaces and sink area in the kitchen with the antiviral disinfectant spray. NOTE: This is a strong spray and not for everyday use. There is an antibacterial spray for standard daily cleaning.
• Ensure all the washing up is done and the dishwasher is empty.
• Do not leave any food products behind.
• Check that you haven’t left any personal belongings behind. Check in, on, under and behind things to be sure.
• You must strip ALL beds – sheets, duvet cover and pillow cases and put these into the washing machine. Please place ALL the towels into the blue Ikea laundry bag left at the property. DO NOT STRIP MATTRESS AND PILLOW PROTECTORS AS WE WILL DEAL WITH THESE SEPARATELY.
• If anyone in your group feels unwell or develops any of the up to date symptoms associated with coronavirus you must inform us immediately and make arrangements to return home at once.
• If you have a problem with the property during your stay please call us on 07745612557 in the first instance. We will do our best to resolve issues over the phone but we do have a procedure to follow if we need to visit the property during your stay. We will go through that with you if the need arises.
• We want you to have the best holiday possible and we realise that these holidays may be even more important at the moment. We also must do our best to look after us all and best protect our local community. It now goes without saying that social distancing is becoming the norm but can we also ask that you wash your hands regularly and are respectful of others wherever you go. If you want to discuss any of these measures please do not hesitate to contact us. If you don’t feel that you can adhere to them please also get in touch.